"With Pomp, Power & Glory the world beckons vainly, In chase of such vanities why should I roam?While Peace & Content bless my little thatched cottage,And warm my own hearth with the Treasures of Home."*Beatrix Potter

Sunday 10 August 2014

Welcome

Hello.

This is my first post & I am learning as I go along. I have been wanting to start for a long time & have finally got some time to do it.

I live in Lincolnshire in a thatched cottage built in 1741, I love baking, growing flowers & vegetables, knitting especially vintage 30's & 40's patterns, canning & preserving, sewing, rug hooking, history & much much more. This is what I will be blogging about & of course my wonderful family & our days out & goings on.

Here are some photos of what we have been up to this year, hope you enjoy them.

Fondly Michelle

                                                      Beamish in a very cold January.
                                                          Our twin girls Kitty & Mary.
 
Pockley Old Hall at Beamish Museum.
 
 

 
                                                               Coal Miners Cottage.

 

                                              Twins watching Danny & Sidney ice skating.

 
Pockley Old Hall





                           Easter weekend spent at The Lake District.


 
 
                                                                 Lake Windermere.
 
 

Hilltop Beatrix Potters home.
                             
 
 
Girls outside Hilltop, they love Beatrix Potter & so do I.
 
 

     My birthday weekend spent at The Georgian Fair at Beamish.



 
Mary on a tractor at Home Farm.
Home Farm is set in wartime, I love that era.

 
Pantry at Home Farm.




 
 
                                                            Cottage at Home Farm.

 
 
                                                                      Mary & Me

 
 
 

 
 
                                                                   Writing with ink.

 
Washing Up.

 
 

 
Cottage in the town at Beamish.
 
                                                                   Georgian Fair.
 
Kitty at School.

 
Home Farm Kitchen.
I love the 1940's, we could have stayed here all day.

 
 
June
 
The twins Christening with their godparents.
They were christening in the church right next door in West Ashby.
We had a garden party & the sun shone wonderfully.
I made the girls dresses.

 
Our eldest son got engaged to a very special girl.
This is them on the day of the Christening.
Such a special day.

8 comments:

  1. Very nice to meet you, Michelle :) we have a lot in common! These are such lovely photos, I look forward to reading more!~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always wanted to go to Beamish! Love your photos- the Home Farm does look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Michelle! I thought I'd start at the beginning since you only just started blogging and I've only just discovered you. Your twins are darling! You certainly don't look old enough to have been married 24 years and have 8 children! Do you have other sets of twins?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to meet you Michelle .... I live in Italy, I stumbled upon your blog and already love it .... soon.
    Mirtilla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Michelle,
    I just stumbled onto your blog, and I'm so enjoying reading through your archives - so much beauty - thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle. I always like to look at the very first post when I visit a new blog. Can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been reading your Blog for a while now and you are on the sidebar of mine, so I get to see when new posts appear, but I've taken the plunge and come right back to the beginning.

    I find your pictures and words calming to read ... and I have serious cottage envy, our Welsh cottage is a mere 100 years old and has not a bit of thatch in sight :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, just found you on Instagram and decided to read your blog. It's great! Which part of Lincolnshire are you I'm in Boston. Looking forward to the next post x

    ReplyDelete